Thursday, May 25, 2006

Waiting for the Rain

This is dedicated to you both,
I woke up this morning because the sun was glaring into my face, I had to squint to see the time on the clock-it was still good 10 minutes before my usual alarm time but I decided to get out of bed anyways. I was arranging my purse and threw my umbrella on my bed-no point in carrying around weight especially when I can see(or rather cant see) the sun shining its brightest. I forgot my wise old words 'acute sunshine means heavy rains', and that is exactly what happened by early evening.

As I was visiting another branch I made my way through the malls and subways, I was on the roadside and I could see the lightning and watch the dark clouds water the streets of Singapore. But when I looked at the roads and the people-they were so nonchalant, like there was no spirit.

I shut my eyes, in that second I was transported:I was back in Bombay, and it had begun to pour, I remember people running towards shelter-in shops, under bus stops, even under a tree, and then there was us-we ran out of our homes to embrace the rain.
The first natural step was to call each other and meet near the sea-side, after which we would take a long walk drenching ourselves entirely. Then we would run to a café coffee day or barista, we frequented the bandstand one the most I believe. There we would sit and watch the white surf rise high and crash against the promenade, as we sipped hot chocolate mocha.

Over lots of gossip, chats and even more laughter-time would slip away. Even the clouds were tired, and the rain would subside leaving behind a cool breeze. It was time to return to our respective homes, to dry ourselves-until another day when the rain gods beckoned us again.

I opened my eyes and I had a smile across my lips.
Because some moments in life can be taken and frozen for eternity.
----------------------------------
The rains should soon reach Bbay, miss you guys and the rains.

2 comments:

mtalpz said...

I believe bombay did witness the first showers yesterday(same day u wrote this post i suppose :)) Guess your wishes were answered.Cute post!

Parag said...

Rains are my favourite part of the year too.. I still remember going around Mumbai on a Kinetic Honda.. just after my engagement..
The swanky cars cannot match that joy