Monday, February 19, 2007

Shhh

It was her funeral-she was a good soul, even jovial until the end fighting her cancer.

The dastoor(priest) stood there chanting their prayers into the holy fire.One couldnt see their lips as they wore a mouth covering to protect themselves from the intense smoke.
But further behind him-stood she. She the wife of a priest. She who silently mouthed the same prayer but from holier lips.

The whole crowd shut their eyes and concentrated into the fire-except my eyes which didnt leave her face even once.

It is unusual for a member of her community to not be fair, most of the community is light skinned, however she was closer to wheatish-olive. But as the intensity of the fire grew, the chants grew louder and louder, I saw her face radiate a white light. A light like I had never seen.She left the room immediately.

I wanted to go upto to her and ask her, and yet my instinct told me otherwise, and my heart screamed for me to stay put. A few moments later she returned-wheatish olive.

I confided in a close relative, and told her what I saw. Her eyes widened and turned to me,
"You saw!" she said, and then added firmly 'one never discusses ones spiritual power, when you have to learn it-it will come to you, but donot ask.'

My eyes were filled with tears, because I was so close to finding a source and yet now an eternal wall had been built. Because what I truly want is to radiate more light than she did.

Her voice softened 'Its called khote (khot-teh) which means Aura, when one reaches a higher spiritual side. But we donot speak about it'

We donot speak about it. So shhhh.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your very name suggests luminiscence:-) errr the kind that drives people mad and turns men into werewolves.

Jokes Apart wont comment further more since I agree with your shhh request

KAD said...

Well I asked you what I wanted to you in person. So there.

Fanaah said...

@ 666
You should comment more. Cause u r the only other one I know who is interested in all this.

@ Kanishka
U have been enlightened!

Anonymous said...

a really interesting blog...I have heard about aura photography....here is a link might interest u...
http://www.auraphoto.com/Aura/Examples.html
my mom had tod me about it...it is used for treatment purposes....a wide change in our aura can be noticed when we are ill compared to when we are healthy.
http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com/chakra-aura-picture.html

Further, sages and holy men have a completly different kind of Aura around them....If u notice mythological images, all the gods are shown with bright aura's around them. But its really rare to actually see a person emmiting such Aura.

Parag said...

kuch samaj nahin aaya.. May be its not meant for prosaic mortals like moi

NN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NN said...

You were not close to finding out anything. Though you are closer than others. In the sense, your journey to 'finding out' has begun. Your curiosity has been ignited. It was not mere chance that you witnessed the aura. you were chosen to witness it. Now it's your turn. traverse this path. It would be a pity if you were to abandon it... cause you are so close to finding out.

PS: Khoteh is a popular punjabi explitive ... I've been called Khoteh/ khoti a lot. I wonder what it means :D