It all started wayy before...when i was a kid. I tasted it-and gave up everything else.My mom had to beg me to have milk.I stood there resolute, nothing...nothing besides that.
I would choose it over every cold drink available.
8 year old lil p at a birthday party:
"Would you like to have some nice thanda pepsi beta?"
"Aunty could I have some Chai instead"
"Erm............."
(I think most of you can picture that face)
In school it started with 2 cups a day.
In college it moved on to around 3 cups a day(cutting chai 1/2 glass-Rs.2, full glass-Rs.3)n the days I was feeling rich-tea centre.
Morgan Stanley days it increased to 4-5 cups a day (Thanks to a tea machine and Mannu,our pantry boy)
Sp Jain, MBA days it has exponentially increased -7 odd cups a day,for very apparent reasons
Everyone knows me for my tea drinking habits, my buddies who are making tea for themselves, blindly make tea for me too. My buddies mother's who are making tea, blindly go ahead and make tea for me too.
Chai--defies the mariginal utility theory,beats a high beta stock,epitomizes inelastic demand,and has the highest NPV ever.(MBA gyaan....Non-MBA's forgive me)
For now enough of this blog...until then I think i'll go n have another cup of tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
chai n its variants and the joy which a fresh hot cup of tea brings...
ever thankful for introducing me to this wonder drink over the course of last yr and a half...
its an addiction with you alright....alteast u share something in common with most of the citizens of india..the love for chai...can never understand it when someone tells me i dont drink tea or coffee...atleast with you its good fun drinking tea and talking about non stimulating topic...others take care of the stimulation part ...cheers
Studying deeping into the night,
Sipping on some chai,
Interesting yet pointless conversations with friends for stimuli,
It's ok if you have nothing,
but definately have chai before u die.
wondering where i fit in thie "tea bonding" neither have tea nor coffee.... damn y dont they have flavoured milk in the vending machine...!!!
[vbv]
have tried even more teas after coming to dxb, and paid a bomb price for some of them,but what the hell chai hai! will definately make u try some more.
[Dush]
what can I say....my joint account of 1 dirham tea partner
[Neha]
Ahem someone is being her limerical best. Well heres to more tea at 2 am and more pointless conversations :)
[Rashi]
Aww even if you dont have tea, youre still considered a tea partner bcuz u always come with me to the vending machine!We shall protest for flavoured milk for you!
Post a Comment