Monday, November 07, 2005

Home Again

I never really thought Id have two homes,in the beginning one was a house and Bombay was home--now both are homes.

Home-Part I
Ive lived here since 23 years (yeah ever since I was born basically), and what makes it home is definately all the pampering I get- from my folks, my maid, my grandparents, my aunt n cousins. Ready hot meals, the solitude of my room, and most importantly-love. Memories flood this house.
It was simply great being back home for 12 days! Being with family, going out with friends, drives , dinners, meeting up with ex-colleagues, n ofcourse diwali-loads of mithai, fire-cracker lit marine drive, n gambling with family [n I won too :)]
Nothing like home!

Home- Part II
Id give a large credit to my villaies and my friends out there, who make chai for me, make omelette, sit around the table and gossip, take midnight walks, who press my head when it hurts, share my joys, my roomie who hugs me when im upset. In just 5 months such a great attraction to my new home. Ofcourse it has its downsides...but dubai has shown me colours that I had never experienced before and Ive learnt to enjoy.
Now with just 1 day to go for me to be back in dubai-i look at it with a welcoming smile, to be back amongst my villaies, sitting in our favorite position around the table all hogging maggi n chatting away.
Nothing, simply nothing like home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

earlier home was bbay n villa was "house" but now i agree with u... n i guess its because of the wonderful ppl in our villa who have helped to make the "house" our second home..!!

NN said...

:)