Friday, April 21, 2006

India Shining?

As I browsed through the pink papers every morning-I realised a pattern:
-J.P Morgan, IDF to buy 20% stake in L&T for 500cr
-Goldman may invest $100m in Pantaloon
-RIL strikes oil 27bn for 15 years
-India upgraded by Standard & Poors (about time-but anyway)

Every morning the papers are exploding with news, one investment being an x multiple of the other. Money just seems to be pouring in. India Shining? Maybe..but really where is all the money? Yes middle class in richer, but the standard of living doesnt seem to have improved.

The percentage of cars on the roads seems to have jumped higher than % increase of the BSE. Im sorry-did I say 'roads'? Infrastructure one of the key elements in the success of economy growth is lacking in our country. Mumbai however rich and however commercial is frankly a mess. I have read extensively about the changes and developments in Shanghai from an untalked of town to now a buzz city, aided by the government's USD40bn expenditure towards its infrastructure.

Dont get me wrong, I am not cynical about India, infact I am very pro it-but I just wonder what is taking them so long to develop it.As a citizen I seem to be able to do nothing about it as well.

And the news continues Beoing to set up a $100mn hub in Nagpur, Citigroup sells its stake to Infosys for $115mn....

2 comments:

CyberRowdy(Q8TechDrive) said...

shining? no...a small light on to the whole country..thats it...I think we have a long way to go...

Unknown said...

but the efficiency of the economy would be judged if these investments are swallowed and digested properly so that the effects are seen in Bhilwara and Rawat-Bhata.

Ob Q? Where are Bhilwara and Rawat-Bhata

i hope i have made myself clear.