You will find that you are a millionaire but cant own a car:
That is because you need a no objection/ eligibility certificate to buy a car. The government gives out a few every period-so you bid, the highest bidder gets the certificate aka gateway to the car. Its like an open bribery system!
Imagine if it were there in India or Dubai for that matter- it would cause bloodshed!
In my food court you will get:
Chicken feet
beef organs
lamb brain
u-mein (just be happy you don’t know what that is)
Baa-U-Mein ( be overjoyed you don’t know what that is)
Don’t worry all ye vegetarians, they serve plain sprouts!!
(For all those that made a gross face while reading it, I have to watch it being eaten!)
I was walking on the MRT aka train station, and they began announcements- mandarin, malay, some chinky language, another chinky language, and the next one perked my head up- it was Tamil! Not that I understood a word but who cares I had never been so happy to hear tamil ever before as I did that day.
Everyday you will see immacuately dressed mannequins, they all have straight hair, fabulously dressed, n well chinky eyes(obviously). I cant make one out from the other, but yeah they sure do dress amazingly!
For those that are wondering whats ‘lah’ its like lah u know they say lah after every 3 or 4 words lah. But you cant say lah short and sweet lah you need to make it loud n screechy laaahhhhhh.That’s it. Im coming home
12 comments:
uh oh!! So Singapore is not as cool as it sounds eh?? But relax, 10 days only into that land, remember how we all hated Dubai initially and then loved the place. You will like it soon and make your pots of money!!!
awwww.... come on... u hv just made an account of the negatives... im sure they wud be some positives too...lets get those out too...
I know exactly what you mean...LAH!
hehe - yeah babe - now u know why i dont like the place :) - can u believe at one point in my life I used to Lah it up big time!!
hehe - miss you babe!...LAH
heehee :), good luck for your stay there...
a Tip: use S instead of T always..like instead of thankyou..say senkyu...u will fit well in the community ;)
Chinky is an offensive and racist remark
Chinky just means someone who has small eyes. Even north-east Indians have chinky eyes.
Dont take offence where none is meant.
haha, ok, maybe i shouldnt laugh..! just give it some time, you might love the place!
and yes..this is my first comment on your blog!
dont ask me why..i always read but never leave comments..
thought you went by the name fanaah !?:-)
hmm... so has p's mind changed yet?
or is she coming back pronto to the land of the parotha and udipi...
so dats how the nickname originated...their eyes..
man im glad we stopped with them else we would have had bhainga, kana and double battery as UN members:D
anyways to be PC, i recommend u call then 'eyelid curvature challenged' or ecc (pronounced ecck)....see its catchy...
regarding la, indians have haanji, yaars and oks....so let it lie la...
BOOYAH
So this is what everyone calls a 'Culture Shock' when in Rome do as the Romans......u can adopt to all this.....these are just glitches along the way ignore them and look at the bigger picture Singapore is the Fin capital concentrate on ur Career baki sabh 'Moh Maya' hai. Laaaaaaaa la laaaaaa la laaaaaaaa
Singapore is not that bad a place.. Its slightly antiseptic though..
I like the drug free atmosphere..
Its a safe place to take walks in the middle of the night..
Great food (But I guess its expensive for a student / fresh employee) - if you go to proper Restaurants rather than food courts
Post a Comment