I had begun to write a serious post et al but it all got lost amongst the electricity going, my mom demanding to check her mails and I falling off to sleep. In the bargain there has been lots on my mind, and so I ....mumble.
-----
There are so many things that we come across in our lives daily and yet we dont know. I have always been curious how much taxiwalas earn, so I started questioning my cabbie enroute to town. A Mumbai cab costs Rs 230 per day as rental, Rs 150 worth of gas is filled everyday-so a cabbie has to make at least 400 to break even, over and above that is all profits for him. The person who owns the cab usually lets it out on 2 shifts, thus earns 460 a day and has to pay for maintenance.
Need to find out about autos too.
Gyaan tip: the taxi/auto walas wearing a white shirt indicates that they own the vehicle, whereas the ones wearing olive green/khaki have rented the vehicle from someone.
------
I wonder if people confuse passion and working hard. Like I met a man who just works and works, the minute he got onto a job-he was there whole and soul. I thought it was brilliant dedication, until I had a chat with N who brought a different perspective completely. Sometimes people become just too mechanical, and they continue to be robots because that is all that they are good at, and are afraid to try anything new because of the unsurety.
Obsessive stock brokers-who knows the one thing that may find utmost joy is in art!
-----
Obsessive stock brokers-who knows the one thing that may find utmost joy is in art!
-----
It was a Saturday morning, and I was at work, after having slept at 3am I was prepared for a drowsy morning. Two of my colleagues N and V gathered around my desk and we started chatting.
We spoke on the media industry vis a vis the finance industry's style of working and life; Discovery channel shows on test pilots for fighter planes; how a certain sect of Mexicans sell their house and all their worldly goods-set out and just travel the world; how its necessary to just cut yourself from the world and do something new; how a photographer working for say animal planet has to wait 5 days for a lion to make a move for him to get one shot, how the lion has to live through his whole life for the photographer to complete his series-work life passion and purpose.
Whether we would ever have as much passion as that photographer, gain as much knowledge as the man who travels the world, do something completely different from the herd.
I confess, I have never been as awake as I was that morning
-----
More later...until the next thoughts that enwrap my brain.
10 comments:
Have you ever wondered why a particular person does a particular job ? Is it because his capabilities limit him ? Is it because he is happy doing it ?
Think of it this way.. Why is a rickshaw driver driving a rickshaw .. Why has he not graduated to a taxi ?
On your second part of the blog..
There is a difference between working long (mostly due to addiction) and working hard..
Its best to owrk intelligently.. the intelligent workers go further.. We all need to be intelligently lazy !!
In the third part.. Like the photographer has to go through the pain of getting the right shot, an investment banker or a broker dealer has to owrk days before he closes a big deal..
So.. to summarize.. Whatever field you are in.. more or less.. the efforts, the frustrations..etc are the same..
A very simple and enjoyable read. I liked it! :-)
I read this one reeeal slowly. Other than that would prefer my thoughts on my blog:-)
Do you know how more difficult it is for that photographer to get the lion to make his "move"? I mean, he has to wait for an ideal mate to come along and then wait wait wait, till the two decide it is time to get naughty. And when it happens, it could be a totally different angle the photgrapher might be viewing it from, ruining the entire shot. And what would the photographer say..."Come again??".
That is patience, my friend.
Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congratulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a how to get rich online site/blog. It successfully covers how to get rich online related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.
How do u always manage to leave me with a thought?
Its time to write a new post !!
Hey Purnima interesting blog...btw the Autowala pays Rs 150 as rent for 12 hours and the fuel costs around Rs70-80. so the breakeven is Rs 225 (one round trip from my place to yours)
abt people who just sit in front of their screen the entire day well they cud also be introverts i have a few in my office. they dont have any more passion than the average guys have for their work but they just like being on their own.
a new dimention......
time for a new blog !!
Have you stopped blogging???
Post a Comment