My dearest company(I love office) took all of us for an offsite to Phuket. I loved it the minute I peaked outside the aircraft window and below the clouds I could see the bluest of seas.
We were put up at Hilton, 75 acres of natural beauty bang on the beachfront. A large room to yourself and a peacock that flitted around everyones balcony.
The first night was at 'Walking Street'. The entire stretch is flocked by little open air pubs, few restaurants and lady boys. With their petite bodies, long hair, make up and short skirts-one wouldnt be able to guess that these pick up women are well..not women. As my tour guide coyly said " You'll never know until its too late".
Then, we went for my very first 'show'. It was typical with all the women dancing around few poles, and then the show began. A woman came and stuck a whistle up her hole and then using her pelvic muscles she blew the whistle (thats when i burst out laughing), the next act was performed similarly with two cigarettes (I was in splits), the third was with an endless string of coloured ribbons (by then I was holding my sides). She disappeared behind a door for a minute only to come out with a jar of water, then she wriggled out 2 live fish into the jar!! I stopped laughing just about there; we left-I think we had enough of magic shows for the night.
It was followed by a disco called Banana's-the dj played some amazing trance n hiphop tracks, and played a punjabi number for all the Indians in the crowd (read:only us) I guess we really must have burnt up the dance floor. On intervals disc had bubble machines put on, so the whole floor was covered with bubbles. I simply loved the concept! (Wish Bbay would get some creative ideas like that)
The next day brought about the water sports and beach part pf phuket, which I enjoyed infinately more than the magic show of the previous night. Para sailing was a treat, its just unbelievable to be soaring high in the open air, banana boat was well-wet, and it was followed by more rounds of para sailing.
--------
Wish I could have stayed tad longer, but the Thai curry at Bangkok beckoned...
Till another trip.
We were put up at Hilton, 75 acres of natural beauty bang on the beachfront. A large room to yourself and a peacock that flitted around everyones balcony.
The first night was at 'Walking Street'. The entire stretch is flocked by little open air pubs, few restaurants and lady boys. With their petite bodies, long hair, make up and short skirts-one wouldnt be able to guess that these pick up women are well..not women. As my tour guide coyly said " You'll never know until its too late".
Then, we went for my very first 'show'. It was typical with all the women dancing around few poles, and then the show began. A woman came and stuck a whistle up her hole and then using her pelvic muscles she blew the whistle (thats when i burst out laughing), the next act was performed similarly with two cigarettes (I was in splits), the third was with an endless string of coloured ribbons (by then I was holding my sides). She disappeared behind a door for a minute only to come out with a jar of water, then she wriggled out 2 live fish into the jar!! I stopped laughing just about there; we left-I think we had enough of magic shows for the night.
It was followed by a disco called Banana's-the dj played some amazing trance n hiphop tracks, and played a punjabi number for all the Indians in the crowd (read:only us) I guess we really must have burnt up the dance floor. On intervals disc had bubble machines put on, so the whole floor was covered with bubbles. I simply loved the concept! (Wish Bbay would get some creative ideas like that)
The next day brought about the water sports and beach part pf phuket, which I enjoyed infinately more than the magic show of the previous night. Para sailing was a treat, its just unbelievable to be soaring high in the open air, banana boat was well-wet, and it was followed by more rounds of para sailing.
--------
Wish I could have stayed tad longer, but the Thai curry at Bangkok beckoned...
Till another trip.
8 comments:
Oh so that is where you have been!!! And "up her hole"?? :O Your company paid for this thing?? Wowowowowow!!! Any openings in your company...I wanna join.... :P
The girl is "growing up" must say...
But on a serious note these "poor" Asian countries find the trade of flesh as the only way to make money.. kinda sad
Its not uncommon in Phuket to see a 60 year old westerner with 2 18 year old thai women roaming the streets !!
Well on your trip.. good to hear you had fun.. I wonder if the fish would have had fun too!!
I guess you meant it to sound funny but it sounds gross. Not something worthy of your blog!
@ Kannu: yes back to the blogging world, well I confess work has hardly let me have any time for writing, but I would like to be more regularly.
@Parag: I thought and discussed with colleagues about that too! The reason for flesh trade is because of the immense poverty, rampant enough to make men turn into women-it is sad affair indeed to watch ppl pretend they like their job.
@Anon-well I wasnt trying to be funny, it is what I actually experienced. I debated too whether to be so bold in my blog, but I thought my blog is abt expressing myself and this is something I experienced. Like I think we know each other, but u didnt have the guts to pen your name down-I do, I am not hiding behind some charade.
Aha... someone had an awesome time at company expense... and i guess thats wht made it even more exciting ;)
i had heard of fish in a bowl but fish in a 'hole' cool trick.
i think these shows provide a better option compared to sleepin with tourists for these poor asian females.
hey babe, how are you? .. really liking your new job I see :)
"Till another trip.."
isnt it time for a new blog then...?
Post a Comment