I just dont know how to start this post, this thought evokes too many emotions and I just havent been able to structure it since days,so this is how the post is going to be-ad hoc.
----
I fear my blog is beginning to look like a travelogue, but then this trip was more than travel. I got teary eyed the minute I saw the sandy dunes from the airplane, "not now!" was all the comment my companion had to offer.
We landed, holy month of Ramadan, no food, no water, scorching sun, waiting for my friend to meet us-it was perfect. Im not being sarcastic, it was all wrong, but it had never been so right. Euphoric wouldnt describe it, it was an odd sense of freedom...to be where I want to be, no 'things-to-do' running in my head. I think i felt for the first time in my life-Im living just for me.
I simply turned my night into day-was up till 4 am, out on the streets, at all my fav places-irish village, 360, dubai marina,starbucks,haagen dazs,odyessy.The 2 new things I did was try out Buddha Bar and went to the Dubai Museum-I enjoyed both tremendously.
At the museum there was an Indian and a local salesman at the souvenir shop, I was asking them where I could get a certain kind of souvenir from, to which he replied when you go for the desert safari you can get it there; to which the local simply replied 'shes not a tourist, it seems as if she lives here'. I dont know how he made out, but I was beaming.
Ofcourse Dubai means malls,and I covered most of them, but more important for me was all my friends which I got to meet-all the catching up, the long chats, the gossip!It was good to see everyone settled all talking about their jobs, HNI clients and their new cars(what a change from ppl who tried to save every 10 bucks mere 3 months back)!
The afternoon I was to return to Bbay, I woke up at 5 am to the sound of the morning prayers, I have been hearing them ever since I was a child and find the greatest peace in melodious prayer.That morning from the balcony I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises over the city of Dubai.
I flew Etihad btw, for the gyaan it is the national airline of UAE not Emirates like most people believe. Its also a damn good airline-plush seats, large private screen which had an option of over 73 flicks, tv serials and video games! The only hitch is that it lands at Abu Dhabi ofcourse.
The day we were to return, we had to catch a bus which takes us from Dxb to Dhabi,the traffic on Sheikh Zayed was so bad,the taxi crawled on a road we usually drive at 140.
Managed to miss the bus, left my cellphone in the cab, got it back after much effort, the cabbie we called to take us to abu dhabi didnt show up, anyhow we made the flight.
Eitherways, it was perfect-and Im not being sarcastic.
14 comments:
Sorry didnt get in touch with you. But u can discount my folly from the fact that I havent had a weekend since two full moons.
Some other time :-)
i knw wht u mean when u say everything felt jus rite.... :)
but i feel somehow tht has to do with the person and not the place...i used to have the same feelin when i did my visa trips....unfortunately ever since i've been back tht feelin is gone....i envy u now...haha
nice entry though :)
Wow!! You went to Dxb. I wonder when will my time come. Atleast want to go there before they shift SPJCM out of KV. Sigh..there I go nostalgic again...
nice write up....so what thrilled u more the fact that u were away from the chaos of daily life or the fact that u were in dubai. (discount the friends u met there; just the city). Are u excited with familiar things in life or exploring new places?
"it was all wrong, but it had never been so right"
couldnt have agreed more....
coming to think of it i wonder what it was that made the trip so special... was it the people or was it the place... i think a right mix of both!
I always believe that one should do what one's heart wants to. Dubai seems to bring out the joy in you. You seem to be so much at "home" out there. Why not settle in Dubai ? Ps. When are you girls talking me along. I have never been there and could do with a couple of pretty guides.
Babe u knoe wat..i wasnt even at the trip n i got goose bumps al over..!!u simply rock gal..!!
P.S.
also it was way bettttteer than listenin to ms. Ruia describin jus al the fun u guys had..lol..!!bye take care..keep it up..!!
@666
its all chilled, I did hear the devils(Read:666)has been working overtime ;)
@Kunal
thats food for thought...indeed
@Kannu
ummm...u have around 26 days before we shift into academic city!
@Ani
if its dubai, im nostalgic-so its old places, some where i get a connection matters. Hmmm if there were no friends, it would be a drab- wouldnt enjoy it as much, but still would definately love it.
@rashi
well thats the line u said girl, for the next few hours at citi-centre, all the way until the end. Your line entirely!
@Parag
Id love to settle in dubai, by the time the first day had ended-that was the agenda of the trip--me settling in dxb!
@archi
so sweet of u to comment!im sure rashi has missed out all the interesting parts!hahahah.
Well you local - you know you belong here....SO GET YOUR A$$ BACK. Promise - I'll give you the larger room!!
Miss you loads.
You know Who
I soooo know who. Larger room, free make up advise, free make up, with the Bvlgari glares which I promise ill pick up next time. Very tempting! Love ya and miss ya.
Sometimes when you have your heart in a plac the other things jus seem so insignficant...
I am thinking of goin 2 dxb for DSF, was one thing I missed out when I was in Dxb. You know that 1 yr and the exploration we did was awesome, I know Dxb like the back of my hand now, can tell people the way from 1 place to another, recently met with Kuldeep and Ashher and Ashher bhai too echoed the sentiment of settling down in Dxb. Inshallah, one day the majority of the PGDM05 batch who want to settle down in Dxb do so, that would be one helluva thing. I would still go to KV, SPJCM or no SPJCM, I would also go to the acad city and see the new campus.
n i think u shd stop visiting dxb so often n making the rest so jealous..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment