Monday, December 18, 2006

I just wanna be God

A conversation over diet health food, and a cup of black tea:

'Do you think God is all powerful?'

'Hmmm debatable'

'What about sadistic?'
One eyebrow raised

'I mean why..would anyone who created a world, create so much pain? If God does have the power that people believe he does-why doesnt he heal the sick, lessen the burdens of the heart and why for heavens sake(ironical I use heaven huh) would someone propogate suffering?'

'Well maybe he didnt create the world. Maybe he controls it?'

'If he's just a controller why would he watch innocents being killed, drug abuse, child molestations? How different is a psychopath then? And if he didnt create the world we dont really need to thank him for the beauties of nature.'
'And definately dont give me the bullshit that he created sorrow so that we can appreciate joy. You donot watch women being raped so that she knows what it feels like to be happy'


'Do you even believe in God's existence?'

'I do. I know youre wondering how but I do.I just dont think he has anything to do with my creation or my control over my life, joys and lows.'

'A by-stander?'

'I think he was just a good human being. And when they say he's in us, I believe its in each one of us to be like him. And the ones that reach there, join him-the rest get stuck in the rigmarole of earth and life. '

'We consider God as a superpower'

'No, he was just like us-you and me, except he learnt how to direct the power of his mind'

'He's human, and Im human--how?'

'You dont get it, he's human alright, you're not human enough'


'Whats your point?'

'To be complete human, is to be like God-completely one with the universe.Its the ultimate achievement.'

'And how can we be 'more' human?'

'I dont know. Thats what I want to find out but I just dont know how......'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. yknow in some mi2 soundtrack..
they had this song....

more human than human..
you've given tht a whole-new-twist suddenly... ;)

though is mother teresa yr idea of a more human and god-like person then?

shouldn't some who really enjoys his life be human?
like v're one of those few animals which actually enjoy sex instead of seein it as a matter of pro-creation.. wudn't tht say a lot abt wht it is to be a btr human being?

Parag said...

May be someone or something created the world.. but left it to us to take it where we please to.
What I mean is we (the creatures that he created) decide the fate of the world..
Our deeds will take us where we deserve to be.
Just because you can ease someone of their pain (or set them free as you call it) does not make one GOD.
To create another universe would make you GOD !!

Parag said...

PS - forgot to mention.. I just want to be a good human

mtalpz said...

I firmly believe HE has a masterplan up there...but just makes us work towards achieving what we perceive as a goal or our desires...the final decision rests with Him.
We can be human by doing the thing that our conscience feels right...A bit of guilt and you go farther away frm being human.

Anonymous said...

well a different Angle......
God is a concept invented by our forefathers.....it was done i guess to describe all the things that us humans cud not understand. and so instead of racking our brains too much on it we just called it the deeds of God. And no one woud bother each other with questions about these things like creation and miracles....expect for a breed of people called Scientists...they started questioning everythign that was unexplained and soon the power of God seemed to diminish...and i am sure in the future with the kind of R&D that is goin on...God might hav very limited powers to his Credit left. I also think God has been used throughout time to scare people who did deeds considered wrong by society.
I believe we can give as much power as we want to God....but in the end its all our belief...the stronger our belief in him the more powerful he seems to be.

Anonymous said...

its kinda ironic.....coz we talk about being "human"....i mean we ARE humans for heaven's sake....but i guess its just cool to talk/think about being human. God is a power (divine/super/the works) we want to believe in....to draw our inspiration from when we need it and to blame on someone when in trouble. Besides, when we overpower someone, the one thing we tell ourselves to keep ourselves from feeling guilty is that we are being practical. Maybe we just weren't in the 'human' mode. And when we are down below.....well.....it just happens to be GOD's will. Funny.

Parag said...

time for a new blog

Anonymous said...

Wow, man! Cool site!
online drug store
drug store pharmacy online
discount drug store online
canadian online drug store
cheap online drug store
prescription drug store online
canada online drug store
drug foreign online store
online drug store ultram
drug medication online prescription store
drugstore online
online drugstore
online drugstores
mexico online drugstores
1 drugstore online
canadian online drugstores
online drugstores spain
foreign drugstores online
With best regards...
viagra uk