Friday, December 15, 2006

Its 3 am...

It was 3am.

One of those typical nights in Bombay, hot and humid with a few gusts of breeze bringing relief into the night.
Standing by the black granite window sill she could see the dark blue city blending into the black sky. The empty road was lit by a flickering bulb, not a soul in sight-except for the watchman who had fallen asleep hours ago. Not a bird stirred, nor a dog bark, just 2 voices talking over the telephone.

'I wish I could be with you right now'
'Me too, but you know its impossible for me to get out at this hour. Where were you?'
'I was out with my friend-just chilling together, he and I hadn't met up in long'
'Hmmm'
'Kya hua?'
'Now I just wish I could see you'
'Im below your house'
'What??'
'Do not lie'
'Im below your house'
'Right, crap'
'You'll see and hear me in exactly 3 seconds'

HONK! A white car sped past across the road.

Not a single leaf rustled,the drowsy moon didnt peek out from the clouds and the sleeping dogs lay. But her whole world had arisen to his love.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Its 3 am

It was 3 am

Non Sequitur :-)!!

Anonymous said...

thats looking at life...thru rose-tinted glasses...

Fanaah said...

@666
Well its 3 am - and I remembered this incident

It was 3 am when it happened

But trust u to link Non Sequitur hahaha.

@ Raj
Sometimes expectations are beaten. hollow-and life is rosier than one could imagine.

Parag said...

A lot of things cannot be explained. We often think of the ones we love exactly at the same time as they think of us..
Honking white car yeah !!
Like the prince on a white steed !!
Are you sure the car was white ??
Nice post

KAD said...

White car...honking..middle of the night. How many octogenarians must have cursed the poor soul.

PS: The next time somebody tries to bring up Non Sequitur or anything related to my blog, please pay royalty for using the trademark. Service charge extra.

KAD said...

White car...honking..middle of the night. How many octogenarians must have cursed the poor soul.

PS: The next time somebody tries to bring up Non Sequitur or anything related to my blog, please pay royalty for using the trademark. Service charge extra.

Fanaah said...

@ Parag
Ofcourse the car was white- i know whoose car it was!

@Kannu
Forgive us all yeh octogenarians(trust u to even use that word)for we have sinned.

-Mr 666, the latter part is for you, pay up!

Parag said...

Do we know the white car prince ? Your blogs have got pretty mysterious..

KAD said...

Yes I agree with Parag. Tell us who he is and give us today our daily gossip.

Anonymous said...

blah blH

Anonymous said...

kissi ko sache mann se yaad karo toh vo zaroor mil jata hai...in this case it was a blink and a miss thing but still.
btw who is this mystery Prince in the White car......

Anonymous said...

oooh.......you just penned what I've always wanted to live! nice! :0)