It finally hits me...I am to leave this city in 7 days, leave the place where i was born, where i have grown up, where i have lived.
I will miss the sea-side, which i have haunted for many hours... marine drive, carters, bandstand.
I will miss this city's vivacious life-travelling by ricks at unearthly hours-unafraid, being stuck in a traffic jam at 1am.
The rains-getting entirely drenched, and topping it with masala chai.
My friends n family-my support n backbone, for everytime i have been sad they are there to lift me up, n everytime i have been happy..i need to share my happiness with them.
The trains-packed to treble of its capacity, n yet the joy n freedom i feel while hanging and the wind blowing.
I will miss the easy life i lead here-cup of ready tea in the morning, never having to think about my next meal,my banyawala which delivers instantly, ditto for the chemist n general store.
My room-my comfort zone...no longer will i stare at these blue walls,in which i have found so much peace,found my space--found myself
....n yet i go to discover life beyond these seas but not without a tribute to this city, my city--to the Spirit of Bombay, may your spirit last forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bombay's spirit will never die ... Bombay is Bombay ... no city can beat Bombay .... yeh hai Bombay meri jaan...
Post a Comment