Tuesday, July 26, 2005

And it rained...

Fever,sore throat,cough,shivering,head throb-625 power antibiotics thrice a day.Thats what happened in the last 3 days, apparently due to the extreme increase in temperature.
All I wanted to do was - get home.

I had great pride(n yeah i was proud about it) that I had managed not to cry at all after getting to Dubai, no homesick bouts, no tears. And then I fell ill, all I wanted was my mother sitting besides me, dad patting my head--the psychologic relief that I am encompassed in love.
Reality was different-6 hour lectures continued, merely 5 hours of sleep continued, 3 hours of assignments & studying continued-n mainly the loneliness continued.
I wouldnt say my friends were not affectionate and didnt take care of me, but the value of someone pressing your head at 1 am when its hurting has increased exponentially.

Rather than my parents coming down here, I wanted to go back to Bombay.Called them and said im coming back for a few days. Over a lot of discussion and more head throbs-they said I should come down if i felt like.Over more head throbs I realised my parents wanted to come to dubai,it would make them happier.

And so as the story goes, I chucked my plans of going back to my city. As I stood on my balcony watching the desert, I thought of what I was giving up--my room,my comfort zone, my solace, my family,familiar view of the sea,the city warmth.
The tear rolled down my cheek....and it rained.

6 comments:

KAD said...

I had no idea you were so ill. :(. Anyway, look on the brighter side...3 more months and we would be on Indian soil!!!

crusading against myself~! said...

hmm... see lil p... what happnd when yr tears rained... the whole of bby drownd in their flood...

this is y lil girls shldn't cry!

Anonymous said...

hey... look at the positive side... you get to go to burj with ur parents...!!
and u get to spend 6 days with them instaed of 3 days in mumbai....!!

Anonymous said...

Bachci! you're gonna make me cry too!

Venkatesh Sridhar said...

hmmmm i had no idea u had fallen ill .... but look at the brighter side ... we arrived here 2 months back and it seems like we blinked and 2 months got over.... so just keep blinking and the months will fly by .... me too been faced with the same thing .... dunno ... havent been close wid ne1 here coz of dat ... i still rem my days in good ol' mumbai ... but i take solace in the fact that i will go back 2 mumbai soon ... i m counting down days n they go by in a flash ... i m even more lost here than u .... sometimes u hav 2 bottle up ur feelings ... sometimes ....

Anonymous said...

Hey Pu...You are a brave girl...one of the few who I know...You know what, listen to Music when you feel lonely and sing along, sing loudly...let your voice go...you will love it...I know you like hard rock but try our Hindi songs...Rafi Sa'ab, Kishoreda, Mannadey, Asha, Geeta Dutt, Lata, et al...works better on the mind...you take care.